Online Resources for Guardians in Melbourne, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Suntree, Palm Bay, and Brevard County, Florida
There are endless sources for information on the web the trick is finding what you are looking for and that’s only if you know what you are looking for. If you are considering becoming a guardian of a friend or family member you can start your search with this list of helpful websites, reports, manuals, and guardian support services.
- Handbook for Guardians (Seventeenth Judicial Circuit)
- Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, Inc.: Lighting the Way to Guardianship and Other Decision Making Alternatives
- A Judicial Guidebook: Judicial Determination of Capacity of Older Adults in Guardianship Proceedings
- 2003 Guardianship Monitoring Report
- Visit the Center for Elders and the Courts
- ABA Commission on Law and Aging, titled Volunteer Guardianship Monitoring Programs: A Win-Win solution
- REPORT: Guarding the Guardians: Promising Practices for Court Monitoring by AARP/ABA
- Information on Guardianship Monitoring
- Guardianship Monitoring – Center for Elders and Courts
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs: Statewide Office of the Public Guardian
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities: The Agency Supports Persons with Developmental Disabilities in Living,
Learning, and Working in their Communities.
- Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Special Committee on Aging of the United States Senate
- The United States Government Accountability Office
- S. Administration on Aging
- The Florida Bar Website
- National Center for State Courts: The authoritative source for State courts
- American Bar Association
Call Rhoden Law Group to schedule a complimentary consultation with our experienced guardianship attorney, Bonnie Rhoden, Esquire. It is important to have a strong advocate as you proceed with the legal filings required to become your loved one’s guardian. Have a knowledgeable guardianship attorney working for you. (321) 549-3162 to call or text, you may also email using the Contact form on this site.